Adjective: unique yoo-neek
- Radically distinctive and without equal
"Bach was unique in his handling of counterpoint";
- alone, unequaled [US], unequalled [Brit, Cdn], unparalleled
- (followed by 'to') applying exclusively to a given category, condition or locality
"a species unique to Australia"
- The single one of its kind
"the unique existing example of Donne's handwriting"; "a unique copy of an ancient manuscript"; "certain types of problems have unique solutions";
- Highly unusual or rare but not the single instance
"spoke with a unique accent"; "had unique ability in raising funds"; "a frankness unique in literature"; "a unique dining experience"
See also: incomparable, single, specific, uncomparable, unusual
Encyclopedia: Unique Unique, Iowa Unique, Just Like Everyone Else