Adjective: unjointed ,ún'joyn-tid
Adjective: joint joynt
- (zoology) without joints or jointed segments
"All samples included an unjointed central veneer"
Noun: joint joynt
- United or combined
"a joint session of Congress"; "joint owners"
- Affecting or involving two or more
"joint income-tax return"; "joint ownership"
- Involving both houses of a legislature
"a joint session of Congress"
Verb: joint joynt
- (anatomy) the point of connection between two bones or elements of a skeleton (especially if it allows motion)
- articulation, articulatio
- A disreputable place of entertainment
- The shape or manner in which things come together and a connection is made
- articulation, join, juncture, junction
- A piece of meat roasted or for roasting and of a size for slicing into more than one portion
- Junction by which parts or objects are joined together
- Marijuana leaves rolled into a cigarette for smoking
- marijuana cigarette, reefer, stick, spliff
- Fit as if by joints
- (carpentry) provide with a joint
"the carpenter jointed two pieces of wood";
- Fasten with a joint
- Separate (meat) at the joint
See also: clannish, collective, common, concerted, conjoined, conjoint, conjunct, conjunctive, cooperative, corporate, cosignatory, integrated, many-sided, multilateral, shared, unarticulated, united
Type of: body part, butt, cig, cigaret [US], cigarette, ciggy [Brit], coffin nail, conjunction, connection, connexion [Brit], cut, cut of meat, disunite, divide, fag [Brit], fasten, fit, fix, furnish, gasper [Brit], go, junction, link, part, provide, render, secure, separate, spot, supply
Part of: articulatory system, endoskeleton