Adjective: untouchable ,ún'tú-chu-bul
Noun: untouchable ,ún'tú-chu-bul
- Beyond the reach of criticism, attack or impeachment
"for the first time criticism was directed at a hitherto untouchable target"
- Impossible to assail
- Forbidden to the touch
"in most museums such articles are untouchable"
- ( especially used in traditional Hindu belief of the lowest caste or castes) defiling
- Not capable of being obtained
"untouchable resources buried deep within the earth";
- inaccessible, unobtainable, unprocurable
- Belongs to lowest social and ritual class in India
- Harijan, Dalit
Derived forms: untouchables
See also: impermissible, impure, inviolable, invulnerable, irrefrangible, unavailable, unclean
Type of: castaway, Ishmael, outcast, pariah