Noun: voting vow-ting
Verb: vote vowt
- A choice that is made by counting the number of people in favour of each alternative
- vote, ballot, balloting
- Express one's preference for a candidate or for a measure or resolution; cast a vote
"He voted for the motion"; "None of the Democrats voted last night"
- Express one's choice or preference by vote
"vote the Democratic ticket"
- Express a choice or opinion
"I vote that we all go home"; "She voted for going to the Chinese restaurant"
- Be guided by in voting
"vote one's conscience"
- Bring into existence or make available by vote
"They voted aid for the underdeveloped countries in Asia"
Derived forms: votings
See also: vote in, vote out
Type of: choice, choose, express, option, pick, pick out, select, selection, state, take
Encyclopedia: Voting Vote Vote, Virginia Vote, Vote, Vote for Nigel Barton