Noun: walkout 'wok,awt
Verb: walk out wok awt
- A strike in which the workers walk out
- The act of walking out (of a meeting or organization) as a sign of protest
"there was a walkout by the Black members as the chairman rose to speak"
- Stop work in order to press demands
"The employees walked out when their demand for better benefits was not met";
- Leave abruptly, often in protest or anger
"The customer that was not served walked out"
- Leave suddenly, often as an expression of disapproval
"She walked out on her husband and children"
Derived forms: walking out, walked out, walks out, walkouts
Type of: abandon, desert, desolate, dissent, forsake, go away, go forth, leave, objection, protest, resist, strike, work stoppage
Encyclopedia: Walkout Walk out