Noun: warm-up 'worm,úp
Verb: warm up
- Exercising in preparation for strenuous activity
- tune-up, prolusion
- Run until the normal working temperature is reached
"We warmed up the car for a few minutes"
- Become more friendly or open
"She warmed up after we had lunch together"
- Get warm or warmer
"The soup warmed up slowly on the stove";
- Cause to do preliminary exercises so as to stretch the muscles
"The coach warmed up the players before the game"
- Make one's body limber or suppler by stretching, as if to prepare for strenuous physical activity
- limber up, loosen up
Derived forms: warms up, warm-ups, warming up, warmed up
Type of: change, exercise, operate, preparation, put to work, readying, run, work, work out
Encyclopedia: Warm-up Warm up