Adjective: western wes-tu(r)n
Noun: western wes-tu(r)n
- Relating to or characteristic of the western parts of the world or the West as opposed to the eastern or oriental parts
"the Western world"; "Western thought"; "Western thought"
- Of or characteristic of regions of the United States west of the Mississippi River
"a Western ranch"
- Lying toward or situated in the west
"our company's western office"
- Of wind; from the west
- A sandwich made from a western omelet
- western sandwich
- A film about life in the western United States during the period of exploration and development
- horse opera
Derived forms: Westerns, westerns
See also: Hesperian, midwestern, northwestern, Occident, occidental, southwestern, West, west-central, western United States
Type of: feature, feature film, sandwich
Encyclopedia: Western, NE