Noun: wire wI(-u)r
Verb: wire wI(-u)r
- Ligament made of metal and used to fasten things or make cages or fences etc
- A metal conductor that carries electricity over a distance
- conducting wire
- The finishing line on a racetrack
- A message transmitted by telegraph
- A small hidden microphone; for listening secretly
- Provide with electrical circuits
"wire the addition to the house"
- (telegraphy) send cables, wires, or telegrams
- cable, telegraph
- Fasten with wire
"The columns were wired to the beams for support"
- String on a wire
- Equip for use with electricity
"wire an appliance";
- Put in place electronic eavesdropping equipment
"his house is wired";
- Send money electronically
"ask them to wire the payment to the account"
Derived forms: wiring, wires, wired
Type of: accommodate, adapt, conductor, draw, equip, fasten, finish line, finishing line, fit, fit out, fix, ligament, message, mic, microphone, mike, outfit, secure, string, telecommunicate, thread
Encyclopedia: Wire, The