Adjective: worse wurs
Adverb: worse wurs
- (comparative of 'bad') inferior to another in quality, condition or desirability
"this road is worse than the first one we took"; "the road is in worse shape than it was"; "she was accused of worse things than cheating and lying"
- Changed for the worse in health or fitness
"I feel worse today"; "her cold is worse";
Noun: worse wurs
- (comparative of 'ill') in a less effective, successful or desirable manner
"he did worse on the second exam"
Adjective: bad (worse,worst) bad
- Something inferior in quality, condition or effect
"for better or for worse"; "accused of cheating and lying and worse"
- Having undesirable or negative qualities
"a bad report card"; "his sloppy appearance made a bad impression"; "a bad little boy"; "clothes in bad shape"; "a bad cut"; "bad luck"; "the news was very bad"; "the reviews were bad"; "the pay is bad"; "it was a bad light for reading"; "the movie was a bad choice"
- Very intense
"a bad headache"; "had a bad shock"; "a bad earthquake"; "a bad storm";
- Feeling physical discomfort or pain ('tough' is occasionally used colloquially for 'bad')
"my throat feels bad"; "she felt bad all over";
- (of foodstuffs) not in an edible or usable condition
- spoiled, spoilt
- Feeling or expressing regret or sorrow or a sense of loss over something done or undone
"he felt bad about breaking the vase";
- regretful, sorry
- Not capable of being collected
"a bad debt";
- Below average in quality or performance
"a bad chess player"; "a bad recital"
- (linguistics) nonstandard
"so-called bad grammar"
- Not financially safe or secure
"a bad investment";
- risky, high-risk, speculative
- Physically unsound or diseased
"has a bad back"; "a bad heart"; "bad teeth";
- unfit, unsound
- Capable of harming
"bad air"; "smoking is bad for you"
- Characterized by wickedness or immorality
"led a very bad life"
- Reproduced fraudulently
"like a bad penny...";
- Not working properly
"a bad telephone connection";
Derived forms: worses
See also: abominable, atrocious, awful, corked, corky, counterfeit, crummy, deplorable, disobedient, distressing, dreadful, evil, fearful, frightful, hard, harmful, hopeless, horrible, horrid, icky, ill, imitative, incompetent, inferior, intense, invalid, lamentable, lousy, malfunctioning, mediocre, naughty, negative, no-good, nonfunctional, nonstandard, painful, penitent, pitiful, poor, pretty, quality, repentant, rotten, rubber, rubbish [Brit], sad, severe, sorry, stale, stinking, stinky, swingeing [Brit], terrible, tough, uncomfortable, uncool, unfavorable [US], unfavourable [Brit, Cdn], unhealthy, unskilled, unsound, unspeakable, unsuitable, worsened, worst
Type of: bad, badness
Antonym: better, good
Encyclopedia: Bad, Bad Girl Bad, Bad Leroy Brown Bad, Azerbaijan Bad Bad,Bad, Leroy Brown Bad, Karnataka Bad, Uttar Pradesh Bad, Bad Whiskey Bad, Bad Man Bad, Bad Rubber Piggy