Noun: wrestling re-s(u-)ling
Verb: wrestle re-sul
- The act of engaging in close hand-to-hand combat
"we watched his grappling and wrestling with the bully";
- wrestle, grapple, grappling, hand-to-hand struggle
- The sport of hand-to-hand struggle between unarmed contestants who try to throw each other down
- rassling, grappling
- Combat to overcome an opposing tendency or force
"He wrestled all his life with his feeling of inferiority"
- Engage in deep thought, consideration, or debate
"I wrestled with this decision for years"
- To move in a twisting or contorted motion, (especially when struggling)
"The prisoner wrestled in discomfort";
- writhe, wriggle, worm, squirm, twist
- Engage in a wrestling match
"The children wrestled in the garden"
Derived forms: wrestlings
Type of: battle, combat, consider, contact sport, contend, debate, deliberate, fight, moot, move, struggle, turn over
Encyclopedia: Wrestling Wrestle