Skip to definition.
Get the FREE one-click dictionary software for Windows or the iPhone/iPad and Android apps

Adjective: furrowed  fur-owd or fú-rowd [N. Amer], fú-rowd [Brit]
  1. Having long narrow shallow depressions (as grooves or wrinkles) in the surface
    "his furrowed face lit by a warming smile"; "furrowed fields";
    - rugged
Verb: furrow  fur-ow or fú-row [N. Amer], fú-row [Brit]
  1. Hollow out in the form of a furrow or groove
    "furrow soil";
    - rut, groove
  2. Make wrinkled or creased
    "furrow one's brow";
    - wrinkle, crease
  3. Cut a furrow into columns
    - chamfer, chase

See also: canaliculate, corrugated, rutted, rutty

Type of: cut, cut into, delve [archaic], dig, fold, fold up, turn over, turn up

Antonym: unfurrowed

Encyclopedia: Furrow, James