Skip to definition.
Get the FREE one-click dictionary software for Windows or the iPhone/iPad and Android apps

Noun: gauffer  go-fu(r)
  1. An iron used to press pleats and ridges
    - goffer, goffering iron, gauffering iron
  2. An ornamental frill made by pressing pleats
    - goffer
Verb: gauffer  go-fu(r)
  1. Make wavy with a heated goffering iron
    "gauffer the trim of the dress";
    - goffer

Derived forms: gauffers, gauffered, gauffering

Type of: flounce, frill, furbelow, iron, ruffle, smoothing iron, wave