Noun: American u'me-ri-kun
Adjective: American u'me-ri-kun
- A native or inhabitant of the United States
- A native or inhabitant of a North American or Central American or South American country
- The English language as used in the United States
- American English, American language
- Of or relating to the United States of America or its people or language or culture
"American citizens"; "American English"; "the American dream"
- Of or relating to or characteristic of the continents and islands of the Americas
"the American hemisphere"; "American flora and fauna"
Derived forms: Americans
Type of: denizen, dweller, English, English language, habitant, indweller, inhabitant
Part of: America, Central America, North America, South America, the States, U.S., U.S.A., United States, United States of America, US, USA
Encyclopedia: American, British, Canadian and Australian allies