Adjective: awake u'weyk
Verb: awake (awoke,awoken) u'weyk
- Not in a state of sleep; completely conscious
"lay awake thinking about his new job"; "still not fully awake"
- Mentally perceptive and responsive
"awake to the dangers of her situation"; "was now awake to the reality of his predicament";
- alert, alive, on the ball
- Stop sleeping
"She awoke to the sound of the alarm clock";
- wake up, arouse, awaken, wake, come alive, waken
- To start, excite or to stir up something
"his talk awoke my interest in the subject"
Derived forms: awoke, awoken, awaking, awakes
See also: alert, astir, awakened, aware, cognisant [Brit], cognizant, conscious, insomniac, sleepless, unsleeping, up, wakeful, waking, watchful, wide-awake
Type of: change state, turn
Encyclopedia: Awake, My Soul