Noun: thinking thing-king
Adjective: thinking thing-king
- The process of using your mind to consider something carefully
"thinking always made him frown";
- thought, thought process, cerebration, intellection, mentation
Verb: think (thought) thingk
- Endowed with the capacity to reason
- intelligent, reasoning
- Judge or regard; look upon
"I think he is very smart";
- believe, consider, conceive
- Expect to be true; believe
"I thought to find her in a bad state"; "he didn't think to find her in the kitchen";
- opine, suppose, imagine, reckon, guess, daresay, dare say
- Use or exercise the mind or one's power of reason in order to make inferences, decisions, or arrive at a solution or judgments
"I've been thinking all day and getting nowhere";
- cogitate, cerebrate
- Have and bring to mind a memory of something; bring back knowledge from memory
"I can't think what her last name was";
- remember, retrieve, recall, call back, call up, recollect
- Imagine or visualize
"Just think--you could be rich one day!"; "Think what a scene it must have been!"
- Focus one's attention on a certain state
"Think big"; "think thin"
- Have in mind as a purpose
"She didn't think to harm me"; "We thought to return early that night";
- intend, mean
- Decide by pondering, reasoning, or reflecting
"Can you think what to do next?"
- Ponder; reflect on, or reason about
"Think the matter through"; "Think how hard life in Russia must be these days"
- Dispose the mind in a certain way
"Do you really think so?"
- Have or formulate in the mind
"think good thoughts"
- Be capable of conscious thought
"Man is the only creature that thinks"
- Bring into a given condition by mental preoccupation
"She thought herself into a state of panic over the final exam"
Derived forms: thinkings
See also: rational, think back, think out, think over, think up
Type of: alter, anticipate, center [US], centre [Brit, Cdn], change, conceive of, concentrate, envisage, evaluate, expect, focus, higher cognitive process, ideate, imagine, judge, modify, pass judgment, pore, rivet
Encyclopedia: Thinking, Fast and Slow Think