Noun: way wey
Adverb: way wey
- How something is done or how it happens
"a lonely way of life";
- manner, mode, style, fashion
- How a result is obtained or an end is achieved
"the true way to success";
- means, agency
- A line leading to a place or point
"didn't know the way home";
- The condition of things generally
"that's the way it is"; "I felt the same way"
- A course of conduct
"we went our separate ways";
- path, way of life
- Any artifact consisting of a road or path affording passage from one place to another
"he said he was looking for the way out"
- A journey or passage
"they are on the way"
- Space for movement
"make way for";
- room, elbow room
- The property of distance in general
"it's a long way to Moscow"; "he went a long ways"
- Doing as one pleases or chooses
"if I had my way"
- A general category of things; used in the expression 'in the way of'
"they didn't have much in the way of clothing"
- A portion of something divided into shares
"they split the loot three ways"
- To a great degree or by a great distance; very much
"way over budget"; "way off base";
- right smart [US, dialect]
Sounds like: watts, Watts, ws, way, weigh, whey, W
Derived forms: ways
Type of: artefact [Brit], artifact [N. Amer], category, choice, condition, course, course of action, distance, effectuation, implementation, itinerary, journey, journeying, part, path, percentage, pick, portion, position, property, route, selection, share, spatial relation, status
Part of: transit, transportation, transportation system
Encyclopedia: Way, Truth, Life