Adjective: true (truer,truest) troo
Adverb: true troo
- Consistent with fact or reality; not false
"the story is true"; "it is undesirable to believe a proposition when there is no ground whatever for supposing it true"; "the true meaning of the statement"
- Accurately placed or thrown
"his aim was true";
- dead on target
- Devoted (sometimes fanatically) to a cause, concept or truth
"true believers bonded together against all who disagreed with them"
- Expressing or given to expressing the truth
"a true statement";
- Conforming to definitive criteria
"the horseshoe crab is not a true crab"; "Pythagoras was the first true mathematician"
- Worthy of being depended on
"he was true to his word"; "I would be true for there are those who trust me";
- dependable, honest, reliable
- Not pretended; sincerely felt or expressed
- genuine, unfeigned
- Rightly so called
"true courage"; "a spirit which true men have always admired"; "a true friend"
- Determined with reference to the earth's axis rather than the magnetic poles
"true north is geographic north"
- Having a legally established claim
"the true and lawful king";
- lawful, rightful
- In tune; accurate in pitch
"a true note";
- Accurately fitted; level
"the window frame isn't quite true";
Noun: true troo
- As acknowledged
"true, she is the smartest in her class";
- admittedly, avowedly, confessedly
Verb: true (trued,truing, also trueing) troo
- Proper alignment; the property possessed by something that is in correct or proper alignment
"out of true"
- Make level, square, balanced, or concentric
"true up the cylinder of an engine";
- true up
Derived forms: trued, trueing, truest, truing, truer, trues
See also: accurate, actual, apodeictic, apodictic, correct, echt, even, faithful, genuine, geographic, geographical, harmonious, honest, honorable [US], honourable [Brit, Cdn], legitimate, literal, real, right, sincere, sure, the true, trueness, trustable, trustworthy, trusty, truth, truthful, typical, veracious, verity
Type of: adjust, align, alignment, aline [non-standard], line up
Encyclopedia: True, WI True True, Wisconsin True, West Virginia