Noun: friend frend
Verb: friend frend
- A person you know well and regard with affection and trust
"he was my best friend at the university"
- An associate who provides cooperation or assistance
- A person with whom you are acquainted
"we are friends of the family";
- A person who backs a politician or a team etc.
"they are friends of the library";
- supporter, protagonist, champion, admirer, booster
- Add someone to a list of friends on a social networking site
- A member of the Religious Society of Friends founded by George Fox (the Friends have never called themselves Quakers)
Derived forms: Friends, friended, friending, friends
Type of: advocate, advocator, associate, Christian, exponent, individual, mortal, person, proponent, somebody, someone, soul
Part of: Quakers, Religious Society of Friends, Society of Friends
Encyclopedia: Friend, NE Friend, Kansas Friend Friend, Oregon Friend, Or Friend, Nebraska