Adjective: social sow-shul
Noun: social sow-shul
- Relating to human society and its members
"social institutions"; "social legislation";
- Living together or enjoying life in communities or organized groups
"a human being is a social animal"; "mature social behaviour"
- Relating to or belonging to or characteristic of high society
"made fun of her being so social and high-toned"; "a social gossip column"
- Composed of sociable people or formed for the purpose of sociability
"a purely social club"; "the church has a large social hall"; "a social director"
- Tending to move or live together in groups or colonies of the same kind
"ants are social insects"
- Marked by friendly companionship with others
"a social cup of coffee"
- A party of people assembled to promote sociability and communal activity
- sociable, mixer
Derived forms: socials
See also: cultural, ethnic, ethnical, friendly, gregarious, interpersonal, multiethnic, multi-ethnic, sociable, sociality
Type of: party
Encyclopedia: Social, cultural and economic rights