Noun: network 'net,wurk
Verb: network 'net,wurk
- An interconnected system of things or people
"he owned a network of shops"; "retirement meant dropping out of a whole network of people who had been part of my life";
- (broadcasting) a communication system consisting of a group of broadcasting stations that all transmit the same programs
"the networks compete to broadcast important sports events"
- An open fabric of string, rope or wire woven together at regular intervals
- net, mesh, meshing, meshwork
- A system of intersecting lines or channels
"a railway network"; "a network of canals"
- (electronics) a system of interconnected electronic components or circuits
- electronic network
- (computing) communicate with and within a group
"You have to network if you want to get a good job"
- Connect two or more computers or other devices
Derived forms: networked, networking, networks
Type of: cloth, communicate, communication equipment, communication system, fabric, intercommunicate, material, scheme, system, textile