Noun: statement steyt-munt
- A message that is stated or declared; a communication (oral or written) setting forth particulars or facts etc
"according to his statement he was in London on that day"
- A fact or assertion offered as evidence that something is true
"it was a strong statement that his hypothesis was true";
- (music) the presentation of a musical theme
"the initial statement of the sonata"
- A nonverbal message
"a Cadillac makes a statement about who you are"; "his tantrums are a statement of his need for attention"
- The act of affirming, asserting or stating something
- affirmation, assertion
- (computing) a line of code written as part of a computer program
- instruction, command, program line
- A document showing credits and debits
- financial statement
Derived forms: statements
Type of: code, commercial document, commercial instrument, computer code, content, evidence, idea, melodic theme, message, musical theme, speech act, subject matter, substance, theme
Part of: computer program, computer programme [Brit], program, programme [Brit, Cdn]