Adjective: straight (straighter,straightest) streyt
Adverb: straight streyt
- Successive (without a break)
"sick for five straight days";
- Having no deviations
"straight lines"; "straight roads across the desert"; "straight teeth"; "straight shoulders"
- (of hair) having no waves or curls
"her naturally straight hair hung long and silky"
- Erect in posture
- unbent, unbowed
- In keeping with the facts
"set the record straight"; "made sure the facts were straight in the report"
- Characterized by honesty and fairness
- No longer coiled
- Free from curves or angles
"a straight line"
- Neatly arranged; not disorderly
"the room is straight now"
- Not homosexual
- Accurately fitted; level
"the window frame isn't quite straight";
- Without evasion or compromise
"a straight contradiction";
- square, straightforward
- Without water
"took his whiskey straight";
- neat, full-strength
- Following a correct or logical method
- Rigidly conventional or old-fashioned
Noun: straight streyt
- Without deviation
"the path leads straight to the lake";
- directly, direct
- In a forthright manner; candidly or frankly
"told me straight out";
- directly, flat
- In a straight line; in a direct course
"the road runs straight"
- A heterosexual person; someone having a sexual orientation to persons of the opposite sex
- heterosexual, heterosexual person, straight person, hetero
- A poker hand with 5 consecutive cards (regardless of suit)
- A straight segment of a roadway or racecourse
Sounds like: storeys, straight
Derived forms: straighter, straightest, straights
See also: aboveboard, accurate, aligned, configuration, conformation, continuous, contour, conventional, correct, curliness, direct, erect, even, form, guileless, heterosexual, honest, honestness, honesty, honorable [US], honourable [Brit, Cdn], lawful, mainstream, perpendicular, right, shape, straightarrow, straightforward, tidy, trabeate, trabeated, transparent, unbent, uncurled, uncurved, uncurving, undiluted, uninterrupted, unpermed, untwisted, upright, vertical, waviness
Type of: individual, mortal, person, poker hand, section, segment, somebody, someone, soul
Antonym: crooked, curly, curved
Encyclopedia: Straight, Clean and Simple Straight Straight, Incorporated Straight, Place and Show Straight, No Chaser