Adjective: devoted di'vow-tid
Verb: devote di'vowt
- Zealous in devotion or affection
"a devoted husband and father"; "devoted friends"
- (followed by 'to') dedicated exclusively to a purpose or use
"large sums devoted to the care of the poor"; "a life devoted to poetry"
- Use entirely for a specific person, activity, or cause
"devote one's talents to a good cause";
- give, dedicate, consecrate, commit
"devote thought to";
- give, pay
- Set aside or apart for a specific purpose or use
"this land was devoted to mining"
See also: dedicated
Type of: apply, cerebrate, cogitate, employ, reserve, think, use, utilise [Brit], utilize
Encyclopedia: Devoted Devote