Noun: solution su'loo-shun
- A statement that solves a problem or explains how to solve the problem
"they were trying to find a peaceful solution";
- answer, result, resolution, solvent
- A method for solving a problem
"the easy solution is to look it up in the handbook"
- The set of values that give a true statement when substituted into an equation
- A homogeneous mixture of two or more substances; frequently (but not necessarily) a liquid solution
"he used a solution of peroxide and water"
- The successful action of solving a problem
"the solution took three hours"
Derived forms: solutions
Type of: method, mixture, set, statement, success