Noun: brushing brú-shing
Verb: brush brúsh
- The act of brushing your teeth
"the dentist recommended two brushings a day";
- The act of brushing your hair
"he gave his hair a quick brushing";
- Rub with a brush, or as if with a brush
"Johnson brushed the hairs from his jacket"
- Touch lightly and briefly
"He brushed the wall lightly"
- Clean with a brush
"She brushed the suit before hanging it back into the closet"
- Move across a surface or touching a surface
"Her long skirt brushed the floor";
- Remove with or as if with a brush
"brush away the crumbs"; "brush the dust from the jacket"; "brush aside the objections"
- Cover by brushing
"brush the bread with melted butter"
Derived forms: brushings
Type of: clean, cover, dental care, hair care, haircare, hairdressing, make clean, move, remove, rub, take, take away, touch, withdraw
Encyclopedia: Brushing Brush, California