Adjective: bubbling bú-b(u-)ling
Verb: bubble bú-b(u)l
- Emitting or filled with bubbles as from carbonation or fermentation
- bubbly, foaming, foamy, frothy, effervescing, spumy
- Marked by high spirits or excitement
"his fertile bubbling mind";
- effervescent, frothy, scintillating, sparkly
- Form, produce, or emit bubbles
"The soup was bubbling"
- Flow in an irregular current with a bubbling noise
- ripple, babble, guggle, burble, gurgle
- Rise in bubbles or as if in bubbles
"bubble to the surface"
- Cause to form bubbles
"bubble gas through a liquid"
- Expel gas from the stomach
"In China it is polite to bubble at the table";
- burp, belch, eruct
See also: bubble over, effervescent, lively
Type of: alter, arise, breathe, change, come up, emit, go, go up, lift, modify, move up, pass off, rise, sound, uprise
Encyclopedia: Bubble, Bubble, Toil And Trouble