Noun: cement si'ment
Verb: cement si'ment
- Concrete pavement is sometimes referred to as cement
"they stood on the grey cement beside the pool"
- A building material that is a powder made of a mixture of calcined limestone and clay; used with water and sand or gravel to make concrete and mortar
- Something that hardens to act as adhesive material
- Any of various materials used by dentists to fill cavities in teeth
- A specialized bony substance covering the root of a tooth
- Make fast as if with cement
"We cemented our friendship"
- Cover or coat with cement
- Bind or join with or as if with cement
Derived forms: cements, cementing, cemented
Type of: adhesive, adhesive agent, adhesive material, bind, building material, coat, concrete, fasten, fill, filling, fix, secure, solid body substance, surface
Part of: concrete, mortar, root, tooth root
Encyclopedia: Cement, Oklahoma