Adjective: disconfirming ,dis-kun'fur-ming
Verb: confirm kun'furm
- (medicine) not indicating the presence of microorganisms, disease or a specific condition
- Establishing as invalid or untrue
- invalidating, confutative
- Establish or strengthen as with new evidence or facts
"his story confirmed my doubts";
- corroborate, sustain, substantiate, support, affirm
- Strengthen or make more firm
"Confirm thy soul in self-control!"; "The witnesses confirmed the victim's account";
- Support a person for a position
"The Senate confirmed the President's candidate for Secretary of Defense"
- (religion) administer the rite of confirmation to
"the children were confirmed in their mother's faith"
See also: Gram-negative, unsupportive
Type of: affirm, approve, beef up, covenant, fortify, greenlight, green-light, O.K., OK, okay, sanction, strengthen