Noun: fish (fish,fishes) fish
Verb: fish fish
- Any of various mostly cold-blooded aquatic vertebrates usually having scales and breathing through gills
"the shark is a large fish"; "in the living room there was a tank of colourful fish"
- The flesh of fish used as food
"in Japan most fish is eaten raw"; "after the scare about foot-and-mouth disease a lot of people started eating fish instead of meat"; "they have a chef who specializes in fish"
- A period of time spent fishing
"he went for a fish this morning"
Noun: Fish fish
- Seek indirectly
"fish for compliments";
- Catch or try to catch fish or shellfish
"I like to go fishing on weekends"
- (astrology) a person who is born while the sun is in Pisces
- The twelfth sign of the zodiac; the sun is in this sign from about February 19 to March 20
- Pisces, Pisces the Fishes
Sounds like: fir, fish, p
Derived forms: fish, fishing, fishes, fished, Fishes
Type of: aquatic vertebrate, catch, food, grab, grub, house, individual, kai [NZ], khana [Asia], look for, mansion, mortal, person, planetary house, search, seek, sign, sign of the zodiac, solid food, somebody, someone, soul, star sign, take hold of
Part of: Pisces, school, shoal
Encyclopedia: Fish, Hamilton Howard