Noun: scale skeyl
Verb: scale skeyl
- An ordered reference standard
"judging on a scale of 1 to 10";
- scale of measurement, graduated table, ordered series
- Relative magnitude
"they entertained on a grand scale"
- The ratio between the size of something and a representation of it
"the scale of the map"; "the scale of the model"
- A specialized leaf or bract that protects a bud or catkin
- scale leaf
- A thin flake of dead epidermis shed from the surface of the skin
- scurf, exfoliation
- (music) a series of notes differing in pitch according to a specific scheme (usually within an octave)
- musical scale
- A measuring instrument for weighing; shows amount of mass
- weighing machine
- An indicator having a graduated sequence of marks
- A metal sheathing of uniform thickness (such as the shield attached to an artillery piece to protect the gunners)
- plate, shell
- A flattened rigid plate forming part of the body covering of many animals
- Measure by or as if by a scale
"This bike scales only 25 pounds"
- Pattern, make, regulate, set, measure, or estimate according to some rate or standard
- Take by attacking with scaling ladders
"The troops scaled the walls of the fort"
- Reach the highest point of
"We scaled the Mont Blanc";
- Climb up by means of a ladder
- Remove the scales from
- Measure with or as if with scales
"scale the gold"
- Size or measure according to a scale
"This model must be scaled down"
Derived forms: scaling, scales, scaled
Type of: arrive at, attain, bit, chip, climb, climb up, cover, covering, criterion, flake, fleck, foliage, gain, go up, hit, indicator, leaf, leafage, magnitude relation, make, measure, measuring device, measuring instrument, measuring system, model, mount, musical notation, natural covering, pattern, proportion, quantify, quantitate, quantitative relation, reach, remove, scrap, shield, size, standard, take, take away, touchstone, withdraw