Noun: series (series) seer-eez
- Similar things placed in order or happening one after another
"they were investigating a series of bank robberies"
- A serialized set of programs
"the Masterworks concert series"; "a comedy series";
- A periodical that appears at scheduled times
- serial, serial publication
- (sport) several contests played successively by the same teams
"the visiting team swept the series"
- (electronics) connection of components in such a manner that current flows first through one and then through the other
"the voltage divider consisted of a series of fixed resistors"
- A group of postage stamps having a common theme or a group of coins or currency selected as a group for study or collection
"the Post Office issued a series commemorating famous American entertainers"; "his coin collection included the complete series of Indian-head pennies"
- (mathematics) the sum of a finite or infinite sequence of expressions
Sounds like: sergeants, serjseries
Derived forms: series
Type of: broadcast, competition, connectedness, connection, connexion [Brit], contest, group, grouping, multinomial, order, ordering, ordination, periodical, polynomial, program, programme [Brit, Cdn]
Encyclopedia: Series Series, World