Noun: representation ,re-pru,zen'tey-shun or ,re-pru-zun'tey-shun
- A presentation to the mind in the form of an idea or image
- mental representation, internal representation
- A creation that is a visual or tangible rendering of someone or something
- The act of representing; standing in for someone (or some group) and speaking with authority on their behalf
- The state of serving as an official and authorized delegate or agent
- delegacy, agency
- A body of legislators that serve in behalf of some constituency
"a Congressional vacancy occurred in the representation from California"
- A factual statement made by one party in order to induce another party to enter into a contract
"the sales contract contains several representations by the vendor"
- A performance of a play
- theatrical performance, theatrical, histrionics, theatric
- A statement of facts and reasons made in appealing or protesting
"certain representations were made concerning police brutality"
- The right of being represented by delegates who have a voice in some legislative body
- An activity that stands as an equivalent of something or results in an equivalent
Derived forms: representations
Type of: activity, body, cognitive content, content, cooperation, creation, mental object, performance, public presentation, right, state, statement