Noun: sales seylz
Noun: sale seyl
- Income (at invoice values) received for goods and services over some given period of time
- gross sales, gross revenue
- The business of selling goods or services
"He's likable and motivated:perfect for a career in sales"
- A particular instance of selling
"he has just made his first sale"; "they had to complete the sale before the banks closed"
- The general activity of selling
"they tried to boost sales"; "laws limit the sale of handguns"
- An occasion (usually brief) for buying at specially reduced prices
"I got some great bargains at their annual sale"; "they held a sale to reduce their inventory";
- cut-rate sale, sales event
- The state of being purchasable; offered or exhibited for selling
"you'll find vitamin C for sale at most pharmacies"; "the new line of cars will soon be on sale"
- An agreement (or contract) in which property is transferred from the seller (vendor) to the buyer (vendee) for a fixed price in money (paid or agreed to be paid by the buyer)
"the salesman faxed the sales agreement to his home office";
- sales agreement
Type of: agreement, income, marketing, merchandising, merchantability, occasion, selling, understanding
Encyclopedia: Sales, Sarine Sale, Piedmont