Noun: occasion u'key-zhun
Verb: occasion u'key-zhun
- An event that occurs at a critical time
"it was needed only on special occasions";
- A vaguely specified social event
"an occasion arranged to honour the president"; "the party was quite a social occasion";
- affair, social occasion, function, social function
- Reason or cause
"there was no occasion for complaint"
- The time of a particular event
"on the occasion of his 60th birthday"
- An opportunity to do something
"there was never an occasion for her to demonstrate her skill"
- Give occasion to
Derived forms: occasions, occasioned, occasioning
Type of: cause, chance, do, engender, ground, happening, make, natural event, occurrence, occurrent, opportunity, reason, social event, time