Noun: price prIs
Verb: price prIs
- The property of having material worth (often indicated by the amount of money something would bring if sold)
"he puts a high price on his services";
- monetary value, cost
- The amount of money needed to purchase something
"the price of petrol";
- terms, damage
- Value measured by what must be given, done or undergone to obtain something
"the price of success is hard work"; "what price glory?";
- cost, toll
- The high value or worth of something
"her price is far above rubies"
- A monetary reward for helping to catch a criminal
"the cattle thief has a price on his head"
- Cost of bribing someone
"they say that every politician has a price"
Noun: Price prIs
- Determine the price of
"The grocer priced his wares high"
- Ascertain or learn the price of
"Have you priced personal computers lately?"
- United States operatic soprano (born 1927)
- Leontyne Price, Mary Leontyne Price
Derived forms: pricing, priced, prices
Type of: ascertain, cost, determine, reward, set, soprano, value, worth
Encyclopedia: Price, UT Î¼SA