Adverb: far faa(r)
Adjective: far faa(r)
- To a considerable degree; very much
"felt far worse than yesterday"; "eyes far too close together"; "a far far better thing that I do"
- At, to or from a great distance in space
"he travelled far"; "strayed far from home"; "sat far away from each other"
- At or to a certain point or degree
"I can only go so far before I have to give up"; "how far can we get with this kind of argument?"
- Remote in time
"if we could see far into the future"; "all that happened far in the past"
- To an advanced stage or point
"a young man who will go very far"
- Located at a great distance in time, space or degree
"we come from a far country"; "far corners of the earth"; "the far future"; "a far journey"; "the far side of the road"; "far from the truth"; "far in the future"
- Being of a considerable distance or length
"a far trek"
- Being the animal or vehicle on the right or being on the right side of an animal or vehicle
"the horse on the right is the far horse"; "the right side is the far side of the horse"
- Beyond a norm in opinion or actions
"the far right"
- A terrorist organization that seeks to overthrow the government dominated by Tutsi and to institute Hutu control again
"in 1999 FAR guerrillas kidnapped and killed eight foreign tourists";
- Army for the Liberation of Rwanda, ALIR, Former Armed Forces, Interahamwe
See also: cold, distance, distant, faraway, far-off, farther, farthermost, farthest, further, furthermost, furthest, immoderate, long, off the beaten track, outlying, out-of-the-way, remote, removed, right, utmost, uttermost
Type of: foreign terrorist organisation [Brit], foreign terrorist organization, FTO, terrorist group, terrorist organisation [Brit], terrorist organization
Encyclopedia: Far, Far Away on Judea's Plains FAR