Noun: frost fróst
Verb: frost fróst
- Ice crystals forming a white deposit (especially on objects outside)
- hoar, hoarfrost, rime
- Weather cold enough to cause freezing
- The formation of frost or ice on a surface
Noun: Frost fróst
- [N. Amer] (cooking) decorate with frosting
"frost a cake";
- Provide with a rough or speckled surface or appearance
"frost the glass"; "she frosts her hair"
- Cover with frost
"ice crystals frosted the glass"
- Damage by frost
"The icy precipitation frosted the flowers and they turned brown"
- United States poet famous for his lyrical poems on country life in New England (1874-1963)
- Robert Frost, Robert Lee Frost
Derived forms: frosting, frosts, frosted
Type of: cold weather, cover, damage, freeze, freezing, ice, poet, water ice
Encyclopedia: Frost, Robert, Farm