Verb: ping ping
Noun: ping ping
- Hit with a pinging noise
"The bugs pinged the lamp shade"
- Sound like a car engine that is firing too early
"the car pinged when I put in low-octane petrol";
- pink, knock
- Make a short high-pitched sound
"the bullet pinged when they struck the car"
- Contact, usually in order to remind of something
"I'll ping my accountant--April 15 is nearing"
- (computing) send a message from one computer to another to check whether it is reachable and active
"ping your machine in the office"
- A sharp high-pitched resonant sound (as of a sonar echo or a bullet striking metal)
- A river in western Thailand; a major tributary of the Chao Phraya
- Ping River
Derived forms: pinging, pinged, pings
Type of: collide with, contact, get hold of, get through, go, hit, impact, impinge on, reach, river, run into, sound, strike
Part of: Kingdom of Thailand, Siam, Thailand