Adjective: punctured púngk-chu(r)d
Verb: puncture púngk-chu(r)
- Having a hole cut through
"a punctured balloon";
- pierced, perforated, perforate
- Pierce with a pointed object; make a hole into
"puncture a tire"
- Make by piercing
"puncture a hole"
- Reduce or lessen the size or importance of
"The bad review of his work punctured his self-confidence";
- Cause to lose air pressure or collapse by piercing
"puncture an air balloon"
- Be pierced or punctured
"The tire punctured"
See also: cut
Type of: break, come apart, create, decompress, deprecate, depreciate, depressurise [Brit], depressurize, fall apart, make, pierce, separate, split up, vilipend