Noun: purse purs
Verb: purse purs
- A container used for carrying money and small personal items or accessories (especially by women)
"she reached into her purse and found a comb";
- bag, handbag, pocketbook
- A sum of money spoken of as the contents of a money purse
"he made the contribution out of his own purse"; "he and his wife shared a common purse"
- A small bag for carrying money
- A sum of money offered as a prize
"the purse barely covered the winner's expenses"
- Contract one's lips into a rounded shape
- Gather or contract into wrinkles or folds; pucker
"purse ones's lips";
Derived forms: pursed, purses, pursing
Type of: amount, amount of money, bag, container, contract, round, round off, round out, sum, sum of money