Verb: rectify 'rek-ti,fI
- Maths: determine the length of
"rectify a curve"
- Reduce to a fine, unmixed, or pure state; separate from extraneous matter or cleanse from impurities
- Bring, lead, or force to abandon a wrong or evil course of life, conduct, and adopt a right one
- reform, reclaim, regenerate
- Set straight or right
"rectify the inequities in salaries";
- remediate, remedy, repair, amend
- Make right or correct
"rectify the calculation";
- correct, right
- Convert into direct current
"rectify alternating current"
Derived forms: rectifies, rectifying, rectified
Type of: alter, ascertain, change, change by reversal, commute, convert, determine, distil [Brit], distill [N. Amer], exchange, find, find out, make pure, modify, purify, reverse, sublimate, turn