Adjective: religious ri'li-jus
Noun: religious ri'li-jus
- Concerned with sacred matters, religion or the church
"religious texts"; "a member of a religious order";
- Having or showing belief in and reverence for a deity
"a religious man"; "religious attitude"
- Of or relating to clergy bound by monastic vows
"the religious or regular clergy conducts the service"
- Extremely scrupulous and conscientious
"religious in observing the rules of health"
- A member of a religious order who is bound by vows of poverty and chastity and obedience
See also: churchgoing, churchly, devout, god-fearing, interfaith, pious, sacred, scrupulous
Type of: religious person
Antonym: irreligious, secular
Encyclopedia: Religious Religious, Moral and Philisophical Studies Religious, Moral and Philosophical Studies