Adjective: ridged rijd
Verb: ridge rij
- Having a ridge or shaped like a ridge or suggesting the keel of a ship
"a ridged sepal";
- carinate, carinated, keeled
- Extend in ridges
"The land ridges towards the South"
- (farming) plough alternate strips by throwing the furrow onto an unploughed strip
- Throw soil toward (a crop row) from both sides
"He ridged his corn"
- Spade into alternate ridges and troughs
"ridge the soil"
- Form into a ridge
Type of: continue, cover, extend, form, plough [Brit, Cdn], plow [N. Amer], shape, spade, throw, turn, wing
Encyclopedia: Ridge, Somerset