Noun: schooling skoo-ling
Verb: school skool
- The act of teaching at school
- The process of being formally educated at a school
"what will you do when you finish schooling?";
- The training of an animal (especially the training of a horse for dressage)
- Educate in or as if in a school
"The children are schooled at great cost to their parents in private institutions"
- Teach or refine to be discriminative in taste or judgment
"She is well schooled in poetry";
- educate, train, cultivate, civilize, civilise [Brit]
- Swim in or form a large group of fish
"A cluster of schooling fish was attracted to the bait"
Derived forms: schoolings
Type of: down, educate, education, fine-tune, grooming, instruction, pedagogy, polish, preparation, refine, swim, teaching, training
Encyclopedia: Schooling School