Noun: texture tek-schu(r)
Verb: texture tek-schu(r)
- The feel of a surface or a fabric
"the wall had a smooth texture"
- The essential quality of something
"the texture of Neapolitan life"
- The musical pattern created by parts being played or sung together
"then another melodic line is added to the texture"
- (fine arts) the characteristic appearance of a surface having a tactile quality
- The physical composition of something (especially with respect to the size and shape of the small constituents of a substance)
"breadfruit has the same texture as bread"; "fish with a delicate flavour and texture";
- (computer graphics) an image applied to a polygon to create the appearance of a surface
- Create or apply a texture
Derived forms: textures, textured, texturing
See also: coarse, fine, harsh
Type of: character, composition, constitution, feel, lineament, makeup, make-up, musicality, musicalness, physical composition, quality, tactile property, visual property