Adjective: timed tImd
Verb: time tIm
- Regularly spaced in time
"closely timed intervals"
- Measure the time or duration of an event or action or the person who performs an action in a certain period of time
"he timed the runners";
- Assign a time for an activity or event
"The candidate carefully timed his appearance at the disaster scene"
- Set the speed, duration, or execution of
"we time the process to manufacture our cars very precisely"
- Regulate or set the time of
"time the clock"
- Adjust so that a force is applied and an action occurs at the desired time
"The good player times his swing so as to hit the ball squarely"
See also: regular
Type of: adjust, correct, determine, influence, measure, mold [N. Amer], mould [Brit, Cdn], quantify, quantitate, regulate, schedule, set, shape
Encyclopedia: Time, forward!