Noun: ball bol
Verb: ball bol
- Round object that is hit, thrown or kicked in games
"the ball travelled 90 mph on his serve"; "the mayor threw out the first ball"; "the ball rolled into the corner pocket"
- A solid projectile that is shot by a musket
"they had to carry a ramrod as well as powder and ball";
- musket ball
- An object with a spherical shape
"a ball of fire";
- globe, orb
- The people assembled at a lavish formal dance
"the ball was already emptying out before the fire alarm sounded"
- One of the two male reproductive glands that produce spermatozoa and secrete androgens
"she kicked him in the balls and got away";
- testis, testicle, orchis, ballock, bollock, nut, egg
- A spherical object used as a plaything
"he played with his rubber ball in the bathtub"
- A compact mass
"a ball of mud caught him on the shoulder";
- clod, glob, lump, clump, chunk
- A lavish dance requiring formal attire
- A more or less rounded anatomical body or mass
"the ball at the base of the thumb"; "he stood on the balls of his feet"
- The game of baseball
- A pitch that is not in the strike zone
"he threw nine straight balls before the manager yanked him"
- Form into a ball by winding or rolling
- [N. Amer, vulgar] (of a man) have sexual intercourse with
- United States comedienne best known as the star of a popular television program (1911-1989)
- Lucille Ball
Sounds like: bawl
Derived forms: balling, balled, balls
Type of: actress, agglomeration, anatomical structure, baseball, baseball game, bodily structure, body structure, comedienne, complex body part, dance, delivery, game equipment, gonad, male reproductive gland, pellet, pitch, plaything, roll, sex gland, shot, sphere, structure, toy, twine, wind, wrap
Part of: family jewels, hand, lunch box [Brit, informal], male genital organ, male genitalia, male genitals, male reproductive system, manus, mitt, paw, sole
Encyclopedia: Ball, Cornwall Ball, Herbert Henry Ball Ball, Alan Ball, John Ball, Nicholas Ball, Thomas Ball, LA Ball, Louisiana