Noun: experience ik'speer-ee-un(t)s
Verb: experience ik'speer-ee-un(t)s
- The accumulation of knowledge or skill that results from direct participation in events or activities
"a man of experience"; "experience is the best teacher"
- The content of direct observation or participation in an event
"he had a religious experience"; "he recalled the experience vividly"
- An event as apprehended
"a surprising experience"; "that painful experience certainly got our attention"
- Go or live through
"he experienced action in Viet Nam";
- see, go through
- Have firsthand knowledge of states, situations, emotions, or sensations
"I experience the feeling!";
- know, live
- Go through (mental or physical states or experiences)
- receive, have, get
- Undergo an emotional sensation or be in a particular state of mind
- Be subject to, have the experience of
"The chemical experiencees a sudden change"; "The fluid experiencees shear"; "experience a strange sensation";
- undergo, have
Derived forms: experienced, experiences, experiencing
Type of: change, cognitive content, content, education, happening, mental object, natural event, occurrence, occurrent