Adjective: unbending ,ún'ben-ding
Verb: unbend (unbent) ,ún'bend
- Incapable of adapting or changing to meet circumstances
"an unbending will to dominate";
- inflexible, rigid
- (of a person) stop bending, stand straight up
- Unfasten, as a sail, from a spar or a stay
- Free from flexure
"unbend a bow"
- Make less taut
- Become less tense, rest, or take one's ease
- relax, loosen up, unwind, decompress, slow down
- Release from mental strain, tension, or formality
"unbend the mind from absorbing too much information"
See also: unadaptable
Type of: change posture, change state, loose, loosen, loosen up, make relaxed, relax, straighten, straighten out, turn, unfasten, unlax, unstrain, unwind