Adverb: less les
Adjective: less les
- Used to form the comparative of some adjectives and adverbs
"less expensive"; "less quickly"; "less interesting";
- to a lesser extent
- Comparative of little
"she walks less than she should"; "he works less these days"
Preposition: less les
- (comparative of 'little' usually used with mass nouns) a quantifier meaning not as great in amount or degree
"of less importance"; "less time to spend with the family"; "a shower uses less water"; "less than three years old"
- (usually preceded by 'no') lower in quality
"no less than perfect"
- (nonstandard in some uses but often idiomatic with measure phrases) fewer
"less than three weeks"; "no less than 50 people attended"; "in 25 words or less"
- With subtraction of; not including
- minus, without
See also: fewer, inferior, little, slight